What Is Feliway Classic
Feliway Classic helps cats cope with change in their home and helps stop or prevent unwanted behaviours. These videos describe how it works and it’s benefits. It is designed to work against urine spraying, fears such as fireworks, scratching, and changes such as moving house.
Is Your Cat Afraid of Fireworks or Thunder?
Cats can be fearful of loud bangs and flashes of light, but there are steps you can take to help them keep calm and cope on fireworks night or during thunderstorms.
- Build them a den which is dark and comfortable where they can go to hide – cats like to be higher up and off the floor
- Use a plug-in diffuser like Feliway Classic which emits calming pheromones
- Close all the windows and keep the curtains closed
- Keep your cat in after dark
- Play music or have the television turned up loud to help drown out the noise
- Supplements like Nutracalm and Zylkene can be used to help calm your cat without a sedative effect (Zylkene needs to be ‘loaded’ into their system about a week before, where as Nutracalm can be given 1-2 hours before the event)
- Play games indoors to help distract your cat and divert their energy
Remember, you can buy or order the full Feliway and Adaptil range at your local Mercer and Hughes Veterinary Surgery.
Feliway Classic Diffuser
How to use the FELIWAY CLASSIC Diffuser and get the best effect from it. Diffuser is very easy to use just plug and play but where is best to put it.
Feliway Classic Spray